viernes, 19 de octubre de 2018

A building that i like

Hi classmates!!!
flotando
First, I am not an architecture student and I don´t have many knowledge about this area, but I like the old buildings, because are symbol of others ages, and represent the past culture, the history, is like a fossil for me. In Chile I like the building of National Library, when I was a child was the first moment in that I went to this building, but was a rapid visit, and I do not appreciate the building. Before of enter in the university I remember that I went to the library to search a newspaper of the 1964 (El Mercurio) for a work of school, this experience was amazing because the library have a subterranean room with all the newspapers published in Chile. Are thousands and thousands of documents saved in microfilms and you can watch this microfilms using a machine like an old PC screen, also you can find other documents apart from books, like historic documents, maps and magazines. In the university, I went to the National Library for study in strike´s days, also like a meeting point with my classmates in the last semester for a work. 
About the building I don´t know much of the architecture, but I know that is one of the oldest building in the history of Chile like republic independent and was created in the government of Jose Miguel Carrera with others emblematic buildings. The architecture is Neoclassical (according to Wikipedia), and the architect was Gustavo García de Postigo. For me is like an old palace, I hear of Federico Sanchez that this architecture is a little copy of French´s buildings, like the Museum of Fine Arts, but I like it for the historical meaning. The building is located in Alameda 651, Santiago, is near of FAU.

2 comentarios: